In Tarot reading, there are many different spreads. For this post, we wanted to focus on the three card spread.
What’s your favorite three card spread? Here are just a few we know of. Please feel free to leave your own in the comments
1. Body, Mind, Spirit
2. Past, Present, Future
3. Red Light, Yellow Light, Green Light
4. Morning, Afternoon, Evening
And how would you apply any one of these spreads to this three card reading with the Chrysalis Tarot?
See more of this deck here.
Previous | Master | Next
Welcome to the Yule Blog Hop. The theme our hostess/wrangler has proposed is “Turning Darkness Into Light”. You can find the blog post before us or after us or the Master list in the links at the top or bottom of this post.
One of the uses of Tarot is to guide people towards light–in a way. If you consider that they are in pain or are scared, then the Tarot can be seen as a path of light. For today’s post, we’ve created a Tarot spread for you. Standing At The Crossroads puts you in the center and offers you four choices. Rather than telling you which one is the right path, or, if you will pardon the pun, the Light path, this spread shows you four options. You get to choose where you want to be.
A five card spread.
1. This card represents you and what is going on with you right now.
2. This card represents Path One.
3. This card represents Path Two.
4. This card represents Path Three.
5. This card represents path Four.
Each card is a potential. If you get the Tower in one, you might be challenged to think of what must come down for you to walk that path.
Please share with us if you do this spread. Feel free to use it on your own blog with a link back to this post. And link your blog in your comment so others can visit you to see how you used this spread.
Crystal Visions Tarot
Previous | Master | Next
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear….
HEY! I don't know who to sing to. I need help. We have some great Tarot birthday cards here that Stuart Kaplan is happy to sign for you. So I am looking for a December birthday between 12/15 and 12/25. If that's you, leave a comment with your birthdate. We will contact you for your mailing address so you can get your birthday goody.
By the way, do you do a Tarot reading for your birthday? If you do, do you use a certain spread? Let us know.
That lovely 9 of Pentacles is from the Paulina Tarot. Keep your eye out for the Oracle deck coming from Paulina Cassidy soon.
© December 2010 U.S. Games Systems, Inc.
A spread should give you insight into areas of your life both good and bad. If we only focus on what we need, we can lose sight of what to be grateful for. Here in the United States we celebrate a Fall holiday called Thanksgiving.
But did you know that Americans don’t have a lock on this holiday? Eight countries total celebrate a Thanksgiving meal. They are Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Japan, Korea, Liberia, Switzerland and, of course, the US.
I don’t know how they do it in other countries, but my family’s tradition involves cooking up your best dish then sharing with friends and family. We follow that up with watching football and parades.
Here is a spread to help you digest what areas of your life to be grateful for and what areas you may to attend more.
The layout is mean to look like a table with loved ones around it.
- Turkey — What sustains you. This is the meat of your life. Don’t be surprised if you find an unusual answer here. It may not be what you expect.
- Stuffing— What completes you. This is the extra side of life that makes everything just better.
- Cranberry Sauce — What you don't get enough of. Okay, I love cranberry sauce but if you hate it, you can replace this with something else. But this is something in your life that brings you great joy that you need to do more.
- Green Bean Casserole — What you get too much of. This is that thing in your life that you overindulge in. Perhaps this will show you some place where you can let go of some things?
- Bread — What you need to share. What do you have that you can share with others. This doesn’t have to be a physical thing. It can be a gift or skill that you have that can enrich others and sustain them.
- Pie — What you should enjoy more. And we all need to remember that it is okay to eat dessert. We hold ourselves back from enjoying life sometimes. This is a card to remind us that it’s okay to have one more slice of pie.
- Blessing —What your blessing is in life. I think this is a very important card because we need to count our blessings.
If you do this spread, I hope you will share it here in the comments. We’d love to hear back from you!
Spread previously posted on Aeclectic Tarot Forums.
© November 2010 Stephanie Arwen Lynch