Submission Form: Product Submission Form (PDF) — Submit this form along with your original product to request a review from our New Product Committee.
Please sign and send completed forms to:
Or, you may mail them to:
U.S. Games Systems, Inc.
179 Ludlow Street
Stamford, CT 06902
Guidelines for Tarot and Oracle Decks Submissions
- The standard tarot deck size is 70 millimeters x 120 millimeters. (Although we can print in other sizes as well.) Generally the cards are printed with a white border, which is a minimum of 4mm on top, bottom, left, and right sides.
If you prefer to have card images bleed off the edges, the artwork must extend beyond the trimmed edge by at least 1/8" on all sides.
- A complete tarot deck contains 78 cards: 22 Major Arcana and 56 Minor Arcana. Artwork for a card back must also be provided. Please note: most tarot readers prefer vertically symmetrical artwork for the card back so that the card orientation is unknown when face down during a reading.
- All Minor Arcana cards must be full pictorial scenes, not simply iterations of geometric shapes or the suit icon.
- The 22 Major Arcana and 16 Court cards have card titles printed on the bottom of the card. The Major Arcana cards also have a card number. You may choose to incorporate the card number within the picture image (on top); or it can be placed at the bottom, along with the card name.
- The 56 Minor Arcana cards usually have a space at the bottom for the card number and title combination. However, some decks simply have the number and no card title. Example: Deviant Moon Tarot Deck.
- If you choose to include the title names on the cards, layered files are required with the typography on a separate layer. U.S. Games System's will likely remove the titles and reset them in InDesign so excluding title names is acceptable.
- The cards in oracle decks can vary in size, however card sizes are typically 3" x 5" or smaller.
- It is best to submit samples to us before proceeding with the entire deck in the event we have any comments or suggestions. 3 or 4 Major Arcana cards, and 2 or 3 of each suit of the Minor Arcana is recommended, or a few samples of your oracle cards.
- We accept digital artwork in Mac format. Photoshop or Illustrator files (.psd, .tif, or .eps) at 300 dpi or larger at 100% or greater of the final card size are preferred. Web images that have been converted to fit these specs are generally not acceptable for print and will likely be rejected. Files may be sent via CD, DVD, FTP, or file sharing site such as Dropbox. U.S. Games does not have an FTP site to upload files to.
Please sign and return the new product submittal form (PDF) with your product for review by the New Products Committee.